Sunday 21 July 2013

Member of the Month ~ July


So it’s that time again..... Member of the month!
 This month we introduce you to Rebecca Edwards!

So Rebecca, tell us a bit about yourself...
How did you get into performing?
The adrenaline rush I experience when I am waiting on the side of a stage to entertain is the most electrifying feeling any dancer could wish to have. I have a strong musical family background and have always had the desire to perform and express myself. I started at a very young age and became a member of Helen O’Grady drama group, where I learnt the basic skills to speak publicly and project myself. 
When did you start your dance training?
A long time ago I with ShowStoppers Dance and Drama Academy. I originally trained in ballet, modern and drama. I have gained my British Arts Awards in ballet and modern. Over the years my classical technique has blossomed through shear hard work which I gain great satisfaction from. I have always been a dedicated team member and have been in many dance shows working as part of a group and also as a soloist competing in London. I came second in the British Arts for Entertainment 2008, competing against other dancers from Europe.
Where did you study?
I am excited to say that I have just graduate from the University of Chichester where I have gained a BA Hons Dance Degree.
What was your experience at University like?
Chichester University has taught me how to be flexible in my career aspirations. The choreography module has required me to use initiative, creativity and imagination, be a good listener to dancers, use enthusiasm and the ability to work alone with little rehearsal supervision. A variety of different contemporary technique classes have given me the understanding of how different people approach teaching dance. From each class I have gained such a broad range of knowledge, I really feel I am equipped to perform and teach in all different styles dance. 
How exciting! How long have you worked for Manic?
I began working for Manic in September 2011, so nearly 2 years now! It's so much fun that the time has really flown by.
What have you done with Manic during that time?
What haven't I done! Work experience is an important element to any career and I've certainly experienced so many parts of this exciting industry through Manic. I have worked as a dance teacher, dancer and model for a Manic Stage Productions. I love working with children it has helped me to understand and develop a different technique in communicating dance. I also work as a Manic dance party host leading games and teaching a small dance routine helping children understand how to work as part of a team. I have performed in many bridal fashion shows under Manic, modelling a variety of wedding and bridesmaid dresses in Hampshire. Alongside this I have performed as a professional dancer in a variety of different events such as Children In Need at the Kings Theatre Southsea, Victorious Vintage and Festival of Christmas at Portsmouth Historic Dockyard and other corporate events and shows. 
How are The SHOW Girlz getting along?
We’re doing really well! It's great to be part of such a talented team. Nicole and Matt have some fantastic contacts which have give us a great variety of work. We recently performed at The Beauty Awards hosted by Amy Childs from The Only Way is Essex, we are helping to promote companies such as Fontwell Race Course and coming up, we are performing at the all new Southsea Show.
Sounds Fab! So what are your plans for the future? 
For the future I am hoping to experience some international contracts and possibly a bit of modelling. I also hope to eventually gain my PGCE in Secondary School Dance teaching!
Thank you Rebecca, we wish you all the luck for the future


To book Rebecca or any of the Manic Stage Production team please contact Nicole on 07977478565 www.manicsp.co.uk nicole_manic@yahoo.co.uk 

No comments:

Post a Comment