Thursday 20 February 2014

Manic Member of the Month ~ February


This month we want you to meet our team member - Tony



SO HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN PERFROMING?

I have been dancing since the age of 6 in and around Portsmouth and have studied in Ballet, Tap, Modern, jazz, Street dance, Ballroom & Disco Dancing. I come from a family with a performing background but it was always my choice to perform, none of this pushy parent malarkey. I performed with New Pantomime productions for over 8 years in there family pantomimes at the Kings Theatre Southsea. Over the years I got to perform with Lisa Riley, Lorraine Chase, Keith Harris and stars of Gladiators & Neighbours. One of the highlights of my career was winning the chance to perform at the London Palladium, performing alongside the cast of Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. There’s no better feeling than performing to an amazing audience.

WHERE DID YOU TRAIN?

I’m a local lad so I trained at local schools in Portsmouth. I also discovered I had a voice whilst performing in Joseph & his Technicolor Dreamcoat and have had extensive vocal training. I gained a BTEC National Diploma in Musical Theatre and have been performing professionally ever since.

WHAT DO YOU DO FOR MANIC?

I first worked with Manic over Christmas 2012 performing at local light switch ons and themed Christmas party nights. As well as this Manic also got me a contract to perform at some local Christmas markets, which was such a great experience. I have now returned to Manic as they always have exciting things lined up, I’m currently teaching local school children drama & musical theatre in there PPA Cover sessions & Afterschool clubs. I can always rely on Nicole & Matt to give me a challenge and this time round that come in the form of stilts! On Saturday 25th January I stood high on my stilts meeting and greeting supporters of the London Wasps Rugby team. I also enjoy it as it adds a few inches to my height, which is an advantage for a shorty like me.



WHAT WERE YOU UPTO IN 2013?

In 2013 I gained a year contract with Bourne Leisure who provide Cast performers to Butlins in Bognor Regis. I was one of two vocalists who performed in a resident band called #CodeRed, performing on breaks across 2013 singing in there two amazing venues. Over the year I performed with the UK’S No.1 tributes to Tina Turner, Tom Jones & Katy Perry. This was a great opportunity to make some new contacts and a chance to see how to start a tribute in the future. Whilst working with Butlins Musical Director Steve Etherington I was asked to feature on an upcoming Christmas album “Let There Be Christmas” with Santa & His Christmas Crackers, which has now been released in Europe. I also had the task of being Swing for the Skyline Gang at Butlins and had the opportunity to perform over the year. 


WOW THAT’S AWESOME! WHATS YOUR PLAN FOR 2014?

My plan for 2014 is to settle back into Portsmouth and hopefully get myself on the property ladder fingers crossed and perform/teach for Manic. I would have loved to perform on cruise ships like some of my Manic colleagues but thats not possible due to being such a shorty…. But maybe I should wear my stilts to the audition? Just an idea, have a great 2014 and remember for your entertainment needs choose Manic!

To book Tony or any of the Manic Stage Production team please contact Nicole on 07977478565 www.manicsp.co.uk nicole_manic@yahoo.co.uk 

No comments:

Post a Comment