Sunday 1 February 2015

Manic's Member of the Month - Jan '15



Manic's Member of the Month!
*JESS*


This month we have chosen to introduce you to another member of our talented team, so you can get to know each of us a little better! 

This months Manic member is JESS!! 
Here's a bit about her and what she has been up to recently! Hope you enjoy!

When did you start dancing?

I started dancing at the age of three when my mum and dad sent me to ballet class. I was quite a shy child so my parents decided drama classes would be a real help in building my confidence. At the age of 10 I got the opportunity to perform on a West End Stage, and from that moment I knew that I wanted to make performing my profession. I loved it from the second I stepped out onto that stage.

What were your first performance experiences?
As a young dancer I was picked to perform with BALLET Russe in their performance of ‘Giselle’, performed in many shows at The Chichester Festival Theatre, and at the age of 16 I featured as a soloist on BBC radio 2. I also completed all of my major examinations in Ballet, Tap, Modern, Jazz, grade 7 singing and gained a distinction in my drama diploma.

Tell us about your training
I first trained at ‘ Emma Reynolds school of dance’ then on to ‘Art of Dance and Fitness’ in west sussex. At 18 I went on to train for three years at the prestigious ‘Laine Theatre Arts’. I had the most amazing three years there and learnt so much about the industry.
What was your 1st professional job?
My first job straight out of college was a world cruise performing as a singer/dancer on board ‘Voyages of Discovery’. I performed in musical medleys, cabarets, as a Vegas show girl, to Murder Mystery’s and Alan Ayckbourn’s short plays. We were certainly kept busy! I ended up accepting another contract on board shortly after.



When did you join Manic Stage Productions
I joined Manic in March 2013 and can’t quite believe how quickly the time has flown! I love being part of the Manic family!  

Everyone’s so friendly and incredibly supportive of one another.
Everyone at Manic is very busy, what have you been up to lately?

I currently teach Dance in the evenings for a local dance school and have recently returned from the land of Panto, in which I was Princess Jasmine In Aladdin. We toured all over London at different venues and was a wonderful new experience.


What have your Manic highlights been?

I’ve had so many exciting opportunities since joining Manic.  A few of my favourite gigs have been performing at Twickenham Stadium alongside ‘Little Mix’, performing on the Solent Forts and the children’s parties that we host are always such fun! 
Meeting every Tuesday for class with the team is something I always look forward to. Were always rehearsing or working towards something new and exciting!

To meet the rest of our team don't forget to subscribe and follow our blog. We have all sorts of exciting bookings coming up that we can't wait to tell you about, so watch this space!
For enquiries to discuss our bespoke entertainment for any occasion or corporate event do not hesitate to contact us at the following.
www.manicsp.co.uk
manicstageproduction@gmail.com 





No comments:

Post a Comment